Last Updated: MARCH 2nd, 2017
While the commission process is often exciting, we understand that issues may arise where a buyer may desire a refund. Furry Network guarantees that buyers receive the item they commissioned or get their money back.
Buyers can use the Furry Network Buyer Protection Program when:
- The seller does not complete the commissioned piece
- The seller ships an item that never arrives
- The seller becomes unresponsive for more than 7 days during the commission process
- The buyer is dissatisfied with the final product
- The seller harasses the buyer on Furry Network
In most cases, sellers are willing to work with buyers to resolve issues, but we can help if a solution is not reached.
Refunds may be granted for the following:
Purchases are covered when all of the following are true:
- A commission is not received, does not match the description of the scope of work, or does not meet the same quality as advertised by the seller
- The buyer requests a refunds within Furry Network Buyer Protection Program timelines.
- The buyer purchased the entirety of the commission through the Furry Network commission system
These conditions do not need to be met if the seller agrees to issuing a refund.
- Buyer’s remorse at any point during the commission process
- Tangible items damaged during pickup or shipping
- Tangible items shipped to another address after original delivery
- Duplicate claims resolved through other methods
Buyers and sellers should attempt to resolve disputes. If this is not possible, staff will make a decision whether or not to issue a refund. Any refunds issued will include the full price paid through Furry Network’s commission tool unless otherwise agreed to by both buyer and seller. No payments sent to the buyer through other websites or payment systems will be refunded by Furry Network. In addition, refunds may not be granted to buyers who have violated Furry Network’s Code of Conduct, especially the section regarding harassment.
When the seller doesn’t complete the commission
When beginning a commission, the seller should establish a deadline for the work to be completed. Once that deadline has passed, if the commission has not been finished, it will be considered incomplete.
If the seller did not give a specific deadline, the commission will be considered incomplete if not finished in two months.
If a commission is incomplete, the buyer should message the seller about the late commission. The seller should discuss with the buyer if an extension on the deadline or a refund is appropriate.
If an agreement cannot be made between the two parties, the buyer needs to flag the commission conversation and post that the commission has not been completed in the allotted time. At that point, staff will ask the seller to send the final product. If the final product as described in the scope of work is not sent within one week from the buyer’s report, a refund will be issued, and the commission will be cancelled.
When a buyer doesn’t receive a shipped item
If the buyer doesn’t receive a shipped item, they need to message the seller in the commission thread and state that they have not received the item. The seller should address the concern and provide updates on the delivery, send tracking information, or authorize a refund.
If the seller either approves a refund or does not provide an update on shipping, the buyer should flag the commission. A staff member will then review and issue a refund if warranted.
Please note that only the costs paid through Furry Network may be refunded. In the case of items lost through shipping, sellers should address refunds directly with the shipping service. We recommend insuring any shipments for physically shipped items.
When the seller becomes unresponsive
If the buyer requests an update from the seller and does not hear back for over 7 days, the seller is considered unresponsive. The buyer should flag the commission, and staff will attempt to reach out to the seller. If no response is heard within 3 days, a refund will be granted to the buyer.
In some cases, the seller will include an estimated completion date in the scope of work. If the seller becomes unresponsive but this date has not passed, a refund may still be granted to the buyer.
When the buyer is dissatisfied with the final product
When the buyer is dissatisfied with the final product, either because of a lower quality than expected or because it does not match the scope of work, the buyer should contact the seller through the commission tool and let them know their concerns. The seller should attempt to address these concerns and either provide a plan to complete the commission as agreed to on the scope of work or authorize a refund. If the seller provides a plan, a reasonable date of completion should be included.
If a resolution cannot be reached, the commission should be flagged, and staff will review the commission. Staff will review the final product, the advertising used to promote the commission, the scope of work, and other commissions that the seller has completed. Based on the review, staff will decide whether or not a refund will be given.
For any shipped items being returned, the cost of return shipping is the seller’s responsibility.
When the seller has harassed the buyer on Furry Network
If the seller harasses the buyer on Furry Network during the commission process, the buyer may request a refund. Harassment includes but is not limited to the following:
- Insulting the other person
- Publicly posting about ongoing disputes
- Publicly posting shout-out journals or comments against the other party
We expect both parties to be professional about the commission, and harassment only creates discord. In the case of harassment, the buyer should flag the commission, state that they wish for a refund due to harassment, and provide links to the offending content. If staff agrees that the seller has harassed the buyer, a refund will be issued.
No refund will be given if the buyer has also harassed the seller during the commission process.
Buyer Protection Program Timelines
The seller does not complete the commissioned piece
- A buyer may flag a commission for being incomplete if the last agreed upon deadline has passed and the final commission has not been uploaded to the commission tool.
- If the buyer and seller did not agree upon a deadline, the default deadline is two months.
- If the item is shipped to the buyer, the buyer may flag a commission for being incomplete up to two weeks after the delivery date.
The seller ships an item that never arrives
- A buyer may flag a commission for an item they have not received once the item’s latest estimated delivery date has passed and for 30 days after that date.
The seller becomes unresponsive for more than 7 days during the commission process
- A buyer may flag a commission for an unresponsive seller once 7 full days have passed without a response.
- The commission must be flagged before the final product has been completed and sent to the buyer.
- The commission must be flagged before receiving a response from the seller. If 7 fulls days pass but the seller responds before the commission is flagged, the seller will not be considered unresponsive.
The buyer receives a final product that does not match the seller’s description
- A buyer may flag a commission for a final that does not match the seller’s description within 7 days of the commission being sent to the buyer or being marked as complete.
- Any non-shipped products must be flagged before being approved by the buyer in the commission tool.
- If the item is shipped, the buyer may flag the commission once the item’s latest delivery date has passed and for 7 days after that date, even if the commission has been marked as approved.
The seller harasses the buyer on Furry Network
- A buyer may flag a commission for harassment within 30 days of the harassment.
- The commission must be flagged before the commission has been approved by the buyer in the commission tool.